Just as it has in a growing number of industries, the Internet is transforming the field of public relations.
Here is some of what's happening:
- The dividing line between marketing and PR is disappearing.
- PR is providing more useful information for consumers.
- New Internet focused PR companies are greatly lowering the cost of PR campaigns.
- Internet based tools are making PR campaigns easier to develop and manage.
- PR content is interacting with and feeding off of other content such as blogs, video, images, web sites and e-books.
- It is becoming cost effective to focus PR campaigns on smaller, niche markets as well as big, broad markets.
- Internet based PR is becoming a critical element in gaining search engine placement.
In short, an Internet based PR campaign is becoming an essential and growing part of selling products and services.